Where to Buy SuppliesEdit
Sometimes one of the challenges for a project is where to get the supplies needed to start making it. This page will help you locate common supplies for 3D printing, laser cutting and etching, electronic projects, machining, and CNC projects. make717 has also established some contacts with vendors for conditional discounts on purchases.
3D Printing SuppliesEdit
- https://printedsolid.com/ A huge friend of make717, Matt Gorton has a business in nearby Newark, DE. The business specializes in premium and exotic 3D printing filament to the US but he also has tons of experience with 3D printers and slicing software
- http://www.staples.com/makerbot+filament/directory_makerbot%2520filament? Makerbot 3D printing filament at your local Staples store either in-store or order to your local store with free and quick shipping.
Laser Cutting and Etching SuppliesEdit
- http://www.delviesplastics.com/ Delvie's Plastics, a favorite supplier of acrylic and light up acrylic signs for make717 members
- http://www.homedepot.com/p/Marker-Board-Common-3-16-in-x-2-ft-x-4-ft-Actual-0-180-in-x-23-75-in-x-47-75-in-7012090/203377708 Melamie or white marker board 2'x4' sheets at your local Home Depot.
Electronic Projects and PartsEdit
- https://www.adafruit.com/ Adafruit, electronic project ideas, boards, parts, and tools.
- https://www.sparkfun.com/ Sparkfun, electronic project ideas, boards, parts, and tools.
- http://www.newark.com Newark Electronics/element 14, electronic parts
- http://www.mouser.com/ Mouser, electronic parts
- http://www.digikey.com/ Digi-Key
- http://www.jameco.com Jameco
- http://www.elexp.com/ Electronix Express
- http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/ Electronic Goldmine, surplus electronic parts
- http://store.digilentinc.com/ Digilent, electronic test equipment
make717 has a tiered discount on some items from Adafruit of up to 30% (follows normal quantity purchase discount levels from Adafruit but at 10%, 20%, and 30% levels instead of listed levels based on quantity of item purchased) with a minimum order of $250. make717 is actually listed as a makerspace and reseller of Adafruit products. Maker members wanting to take advantage of this discount must place an order of $250 or over or gather enough people to reach the $250 minimum per order. The 30% does not apply to all items.
make717 also has a 50% discount for 80/20 items purchased for make717 projects from 80/20 distributor Intek Systems. Please identify your 80/20 part numbers and quantities and then approach Ben Eisemann or Bruce Schreiner for assistance placing the order through Intek Systems.